Writing groups are a team of research investigators who support a lead author in the development of their manuscript by:
- Advising on the data analysis plan
- Offering subject expertise
- Participating in conference calls
- Writing, revising, and editing the final draft
- Recommending journals for submission
Paper proposals recently approved by the P&P Committee become open to accept nominations for writing group members. Since active participation is expected of every writing group member, members should be conscious of the number of groups they choose to participate in and keep their number of nominations to a reasonable limit.
If a title among the list of open writing groups interests you, please feel free to email the P&P Committee to obtain more information or provide you with a contact to the lead author.
How nominations to writing groups work
- If you are a PI, Co-I, or associate member, you may nominate yourself. To place a nomination, please visit the WHI SharePoint site.
- All others, find a sponsoring investigator to nominate you.
4 Open Writing Groups - All Close 9/29/22
Ms4723 - Healthy lifestyle and risk of hospitalization and mortality – Rita Peila
This proposal stems from a consortium; writing group slots for WHI investigators may be limited
Ms4734 - A step-by-step guide how to treat race or ethnicity and genetic ancestry in genomic studies of diverse populations – Genevieve Wojcik
This proposal stems from a BAA; writing group slots for WHI investigators may be limited
Ms4793 - Circulating plasma metabolites, lifestyle factors, and mortality risk (external validation) – Anne-Julie Tessier
Ms4794 - Characterizing accelerometer-measured physical activity bout durations by functional data analysis methods with application to the Objective Physical Activity and Cardiovascular Health Study – Ilsuk Kang